The EANS Educational Activities
The EANS is involved in all aspects of neurosurgical training both at pre-board certification level and at special interest training level. We are constantly trying to find new ways to contribute to the improvement of neurosurgical education in Europe and beyond.
Pre-Specialist Qualification Training
1. At general training level the EANS's main activities are the European Training Courses in Neurosurgery, known also as EANS Training Courses, renowned for their excellence and long tradition starting back in the 1970s.
2. Founded in 2012, the EANS Hands-On courses have become a stable part of the EANS' training activities. These are aimed specifically at participants in the third year of the EANS Training Course cycle, but others are also very welcome to apply.
3. The EANS runs various observership programmes, please click on the link to the left to find out more.
Post Graduate Training
The Post Graduate Education Committee is responsible for the organisation of ongoing neurosurgical training on behalf of the EANS.
The EANS Advanced Course in Spinal Surgery has become an annual event, following the success of the inaugural EANS courses in Spine Surgery held in Opatija, Croatia in 2007 and 2008. Since 2015 the courses have been organized in cooperation with Eurospine.
A course in Radiosurgery and further educational events are also planned.
Through its membership of the UEMS the EANS has important links to other specialties such as radiology.
EANS Young Neurosurgeons
The EANS Annual Young Neurosurgeons Meeting, an event designed specifically for young neurosurgeons who have recently completed the European Training Courses, was established in 2011.
1. We recognise the huge part that e-learning now plays in the advancement of scientific knowledge, and are delighted to be able to provide a comprehensive online library of neurosurgical material via the EANS Academy. 20% of the material is freely available to anyone who creates a login, while EANS Individual members have free access to all content. NB: Please don't forget to log in as member before entering the Academy.
We also offer unrestricted and full access to the EANS Academy to all members of our member societies. Please contact either your national society or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to take this up.
2. Our "Case of the Month" archives also provide an excellent learning resource.